St. John's Church stands one among the frequently visited destinations in Trichy. This church stands in the heart of the city and was constructed in the year 1812. This amazing church is dedicated to the Reverend Joseph Alphonse de Rozario. St. John's Church welcomes numerous enthusiastic Christians and Non-Christians on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) St. John's Church is well-known for its British architecture. Since the ancient times, this church stands in the same structure but has undergone minor renovation whenever it was required
2) It houses a graveyard which is the resting place of the British soldiers that died in the war or died a natural death
3) It houses an enchanting idol of ‘The Messiah' on the cross. Numerous devotees bow in front of the Lord and seek his blessings
4) The windows of the church depict the psalms from the Holy Bible
5) Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, and other major feasts of the Christian saints are the observed and celebrated here. Mass prayers are organized and alms and food are distributed among the underprivileged
Best Time To Visit:-
St. John's Church attracts the devotees on a daily basis. It also welcomes the people of other faiths. Thus, it can be visited throughout the year but, the best time for visiting there always comes at Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, and feasts of the Christians saints.
St. John's Church is located in the center of the town of Trichy. Due to such a location, is well-connected with the roads and railways. Moreover, the frequent availability of the local transit makes it comfortable to reach the church.
Nearest Railway Station- Trichy Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Tiruchirappalli Airport
Top Things To Do In TrichyView All
Best Travel Packages in TrichyView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.