On arrival at Yangon International Airport, you are welcomed by our tour guide and transferred to your hotel. After refreshment, you embark on a city tour including :
(1) China Town noted for its fruit market, delicious street foods and old world atmosphere.
(2) Downtown Yangon’s Sule Pagoda, City Hall, Independence monument and old colonial buildings.
(3) A visit to the magnificent and world famous Shwedagon Pagoda, known for its religious significance and artistic beauty.
(4 )A welcome dinner at the Karaweik Palace Barge on the Royal Lake with great views of the Shwedagon Pagoda. Dinner is Burmese food and experience an amazing cultural show.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
We depart Yangon for Mandalay (by air) and we will spend the day in Mandalay, the last royal capital and environs . Although quite a young city and a hub of commerce it is the main centre for monastic learning for over a century now. Therefore the city and environs is a place of stupas, monks and monasteries.
On this day’s trip :
(1) We go to Mandalay pier, embarking on a private boat upstream to visit Mingun, famed for its huge and incomplete
Pahtodawgyi Pagoda and MingunBell; a 90 ton ringing bell and largest of its kind in the world.
(2) After lunch, in the afternoon, we visit Mandalay Palace and the nearby, Shwe Nandaw Monastery - noted for its
exquisite wood carvings and Kuthodaw Pagoda - known as the world biggest book.
(3) We finish the day’s tour by visiting Mandalay Hill to experience a tropical sun-set with panoramic views of the city and
the Ayeyarwaddy River.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay.
On today's tour :
(1) We drive 1:30 hrs to PyinOolwin 1,100 metres in elevation located 69 km on the Shan Hills north-east of Mandalay. The former British colonial-era town enjoys cool and pleasant weather the whole year round.
(2) Sightseeing includes; Maha Ant Htoo KanThar Buddha Image, carved out of a single block of white marble.
(3) the Botanical Garden ,14 hectare gardens established in 1905 and modelled on the gardens at Kew, England.
(4)The Chinese Temple, Pwe-Kauk Waterfall and Peik-chin-hmyaung Cave.
(5) Evening at leisure. You can take a horse-drawn carriage to explore the small town.
Dinner and overnight at the Hotel in PyinOoLwin.
Accommodation: Hotel in Pyin Oo Lwin.
This morning, after breakfast in hotel, we drive down to Mandalay.
Upon arrival to Mandalay ,we proceed directly for sightseeing to Inn-Wa(Ava):this old capital of Myanmar was found in 1364 A.D by King Thado Minpya. It lies at the junction of the Ayarwaddy with the Myitnge (Dohtawadi) River, and the town was built on an artificial island surrounded by a channel, the Myittha Stream, which was dug from the Myitnge River which flows into the Ayarwaddy. The city stands in the North-East corner of the triangular island.
(1) At Innwa we take a pony cart and explore this old capital. Sightseeing includes; the old wall, the site of Bagyidaw’s
palace (1819-37) is now marked by a solitary masonry Watch Tower which is about 90 feet high.
(2) Okkyaung (or) Maha Aungmye Bonzan Monastery was built by Nanmadaw Mae Nu, chief Queen of Bagyidaw in 1818.This
masonry monastery is a fine specimen of its type of Myanmar architecture. In the evening we drive to the ancient
capital of Amarapura, (the city of Immortals ) and visit :
(3) the huge Bagaya Monastery with a famous collection of Buddha images
(4) Traditional style weaving cottage industry sites
(5) The two-century old U-Bein teak bridge on the Taungthaman Lake. Enjoy the sun-set there and back to Mandalay.
(6) On the way back to hotel , we drop into Maha Muni, a spectacularly gold-encrusted Buddha image said to be cast in the
life-time of Buddha himself and the most sacred buddhist site in upper Myanmar. Dinner and overnight in Mandalay.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
For today we have a day trip to Sagaing and Monywa :
(1) a drive to the Sagaing Hills across the Ayeyarwaddy River Bridge and see the spectacular scenic view on approach to
these pagoda-dotted hills. We visit UminThonze pagoda and Soon Oo Ponnyashin pagoda from where fantastic views of
the pagoda –studded Sagaing Hills and the Ayeyawaddy River are seen.
(2) We proceed to Monywa: about 136 km to the west of Mandalay, the commercial centre of Chindwin valley. Places of
interests are; Thanbodde Pagoda adorned with over 500,000 Buddha images, Bodhi-Tataung (One thousand Bo
trees),Ledi Monastery;a teaching monastery where Buddhist scriptures are inscribed on 806 stone slabs, ,the huge
standing Buddha image Laykyun Setkyar built by Bodhi Tahtaung Sayadaw (a venerable monk). It is the second tallest
Buddha Image in the world at 116 meters. The image has become one of the main tourist attractions in upper
Myanmar. Dinner and overnight in Monywa.
Accommodation: Hotel in Monywa