Built in the mid-eighteenth century, Ganga Mandir or Ganga Maharani Mandir is a Hindu temple in Bharatpur. This temple enshrines the sacred river Goddess Ganga and was constructed during the reign of Maharaja and it took 9 decades for the completion of this temple. Today, Ganga Mandir is a famous tourist attraction in Bharatpur.
It Is Known For:-
1) Ganga Mandir is known for its appealing architecture. This historical temple is a beautiful amalgam of the Rajput, Mughal, and Dravidian style of architecture
2) It took 90 years for the completion of the temple. The marvelous architecture of this temple boasts enchanting carvings on the interior walls
3) The sanctum of the Ganga Mandir houses an idol of Goddess Ganga. It is carved entirely out of the white marble and rests on a crocodile
4) The idols of other deities like Shri Krishna lifting Mount Govardhan, Lord Mahadeva and Parvati sitting beside each other, Lord Hanuman etc. can be seen as well
5) Each day, morning and evening aartis are attended by numerous devotees.
Best Time To Visit:-
Ganga Maharani Mandir is a must-see site in Bharatpur. Due to its fame, it is visited by hundreds of visitors and devotees throughout the year. Therefore, it can be visited during any season of the year without any restrictions.
No entry fee is charged from visitors at Ganga Mandir. Photography is prohibited inside the temple premises.
A well-established network of the roadways and railways has increased the comfort for the people to reach Ganga Mandir easily. The local buses and taxis are the best mode for reaching the temple conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station- Bharatpur Junction
Nearest Airport- Bharatpur Airport
Top Things To Do In BharatpurView All
Best Travel Packages in BharatpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.