Maa Jhanjhiri Mangala Temple is a famous Hindu temple in Cuttack, Odisha. This temple is also known by the name of Jhanjhirimangala as well. It is dedicated to Goddess Durga and enshrines her as Maa Jhanjhiri, the guardian goddess of the region. It has a riveting tale associated with like. In the previous era, the place where the temple stands was a forest region. A priest lived in the forest and saw a woman wearing precious ornaments. After many days when he tried talking to her, she turned into a stone idol. The priest received the divine order to build the shrine on that place.
It Is Known For:-
1) Maa Jhanjhiri Mangala Temple enshrines Goddess Durga. She is worshiped as Jhanjhirimangala and is regarded as the guardian deity of the town.
2) Each individual offers the prayers to her on every occasion.
3) Keeping in mind with the security, the self-manifested idol of the Goddess is kept safe in the garbhagriha and is only accessed by the priests. It is taken out twice a year on the occasion of Navaratri.
4) The main altar houses a replica of the original idol and is adorned with the real gold jewelry.
5) Navaratri is a popular festival that is celebrated here with a great zest.
Best Time To Visit:-
Jhanjhirimangala Temple is visited by the people throughout the year. On a daily basis, it welcomes hundreds of devotees that make their offerings to Mother Goddess. The best time for visiting this temple is between October-March.
The temple is well-connected via major roads and highways in the state. To reach Maa Jhanjhiri Mangala Temple, one can hire the service of the local buses, taxis, or autos.
Nearest Railway Station:- Cuttack Junction
Nearest Airport:- Biju Patnaik International Airport
Top Things To Do In CuttackView All
Best Travel Packages in CuttackView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.