One of the ancient monasteries in India, Mindrolling Monastery is a famous Tibetan monastery in Clement Town. It is also known by the name of Tibetan Temple and also stands among the most-popular tourist destinations in Dehradun. It was founded by Rigzin Tendak Lingpa of the Nyingma sect in the 16th century. It also houses a Buddha Temple that was built in the year 1965 for the protection of Buddhism.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mindrolling Monastery is known among the oldest existing monasteries in India
2) It is entirely constructed in the Japanese style of architecture
3) The Buddha Temple in this monastery was constructed by Kochen Rinpoche, a well-known name in Buddhism. It took 3 years for 50 artists to finish the artwork inside the temple
4) This monastery is an architectural marvel and has appealing interiors that narrate the life of Buddha
5) The enchanting idols of Buddha and Padmasambhava are enshrined in the monastery
Best Time To Visit:-
Mindrolling Monastery, or the Tibetan Temple, is a spectacular site in Dehradun. It is visited by a large number of tourists throughout the year. Not only the tourists but, one can also spot the monks that regularly visit this amazing monastery.
Mindrolling Monastery can be reached easily by hiring the service of the local buses, cabs, and autos because it has a vast network of roadways that connect it with the rest of the parts of the city.
Nearest Railway Station- Dehradun Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Jolly Grant Airport
Top Things To Do In DehradunView All
Best Travel Packages in DehradunView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.