Desert National Park is a renowned tourist attraction in Jaisalmer. As per its name, it is a sanctuary that serves as a habitat for the creatures of the desert. It spans a huge area of 3,162 sq. km. Despite the scarcity of the essential resource of water, Desert National Park is an excellent example of the ecosystem that can be found in the deserts. Spending a couple of hours in this national park can surely uplift the mood.
It Is Known For:-
1) It is a vast grassland that sets an amazing example of the ecosystem in a desert.
2) This national park covers the area of Jaisalmer and Barmer.
3) It provides shelter to the animals like the black buck, hawk, kite, desert fox, chinkara, and hedgehog etc.
4) The national park also has a rich avifauna that includes the bustard, crane, partridge, lark etc.
5) The reptiles like the viper and lizard can also be spotted at Desert National Park.
Best Time To Visit:-
Desert National Park is a place that is flocked by hundreds of tourists and nature photographers. In order to ensure a memorable tour, one should prefer visiting this park between Oct-March. It is a pleasant period according to the geography of the region.
One can take the tour of Desert National Park by availing the service of the safari service at a reasonable charge.
Desert National Park is a famous attraction with wider road connectivity. Such connectivity allows people to reach this place comfortably by any means of local transit like a bus or jeep.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jaisalmer Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Jodhpur Airport
|Best Time to Visit||:||November and January|
|Cost||:||Rs 100 per person.|
|Timing||:||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Nearest Airport||:||Jodhpur Airport|
|Nearest Railway Station||:||Jaisalmer|
Top Things To Do In JaisalmerView All
Best Travel Packages in JaisalmerView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.