Salim Singh's Haveli is one among the awe-inspiring historical monuments in Jaisalmer. It was the residence of Salim Singh, the Prime Minister of the capital of the Kingdom of Jaisalmer. This building is one of the finest examples of the Rajasthani architectures Jaisalmer has ever seen. Its beauty is simply indescribable as it has a distinctive architecture. People from different places arrive at Jaisalmer to admire the beauty of Salim Singh's Haveli.
It Is Known For:-
1) As mentioned above, Salim Singh's Haveli has a distinctive architecture. It is built in the shape of a peacock's tail
2) It has 38 balconies and each balcony is carved in a different manner which enhances the charm of this intriguing mansion even more
3) Interestingly, no cement & mortar were utilized for the construction of this Haveli. The entire palatial structure stands on a strong foundation with a sturdy frame of iron rods and stones connected together
4) The main entrance of the mansion is guarded by the huge sculptures of elephants. As a person proceeds ahead, the sculptures of lions can be spotted guarding the entrance of the main hall
5) The front of Salim Singh's Haveli also resembles the stern of the ship and is also known as Jahaz Mahal sometimes.
Best Time To Visit:-
Salim Singh's Haveli is a great place to visit as it narrates the style of architecture and skills of the craftsperson who carved the interior walls. It can be visited throughout the year excluding the national festivals and holidays.
The entry to the Haveli is paid and the funds collected are utilized for the welfare of the mansion.
Salim Singh's Haveli can be easily reached by hiring the service of the local transit like the jeep or cab.
Nearest Railway Station- Jaisalmer Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Jaisalmer Airport
Top Things To Do In JaisalmerView All
Best Travel Packages in JaisalmerView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.