Lakhota Fort is a historical fort in the Indian state of Gujarat. It is an amazing architectural marvel located in Jamnagar that was built by the Rawals of Gujarat. This architectural marvel was erected during the era of the King Jam Rawal and the region of Jamnagar is named after him. It stands in the traditional Gujarati style of architecture and attracts the visitors that visit to witness its beauty from the different parts of the state.
It Is Known For:-
1) Lakhota Fort is an amazing example of the traditional Gujarati architecture that was built during the reign of Rawal dynasty.
2) It was built in the middle of an artificial reservoir that was constructed during the era of King Jam Rawal.
3) It is adorned with the rich royal interiors. All the rooms that were once used by the royal family members can be seen.
4) The royal furniture, weapons, jewelry, clothes etc. are displayed in the different rooms of this palace.
5) The exteriors of the palace are equally wonderful and its surroundings compliment its beauty.
6) Lakhota Fort is visited by the birds on a huge scale as well. The birds like the duck, swan, flamingo, gull etc. can be spotted here.
Best Time To Visit:-
Lakhota Fort is a major crowd puller and is visited on a huge scale. It can be visited throughout the year, especially between October-February. It is the appropriate period for touring the fort and admiring its alluring architecture.
When you’re at Lakhota Fort, do not forget to visit the nearby market after exploring the ancient building. The market of this place sells the resplendent dresses for both genders of all age groups, typical Gujarati delicacies, and much more that can be purchased as a souvenir. Shri Bala Hanuman Mandir is another must-see site that will evoke the divinity inside you.
Jamnagar is well-connected to entire Gujarat via major highways, airways, and railways. Such connectivity makes it convenient for all to reach the town easily. The state-run buses, express trains, and flights are available from different cities for reaching Jamnagar.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jamnagar Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Govardhanpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JamnagarView All
Best Travel Packages in JamnagarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.