Constructed in the South Indian style of architecture, Venugopala Temple is a famous attraction in the city of Manipal. It is frequented by visitors on a huge scale and never fails to attract the attention of the passer-byes. The presiding deity of this temple is Lord Krishna who is worshiped as Lord Venugopala. This place is appropriate for all those who seek some relaxation amid the hectic schedules. A flying visit to this place is worth a million dollars!
It Is Known For:-
1) Venugopala Temple is a must-see place in Manipal region of Karnataka. It is a holy shrine of Lord Krishna and is architected in a beautiful way
2) The sanctum of this temple enshrines the beautiful idol of Lord Krishna
3) Lord Krishna is worshiped thrice a day at Venugopala Temple. The aarti takes place in early morning, mid-day, and evening
4) The festival of Shri Krishna Janmotsavam is celebrated here with a great zeal
5) Apart from Lord Krishna, devotees can also witness the magnificent idols of the other Hindu religious figurines like Lord Mahadeva, Goddess Durga, Lord Bhairav, Lord Shani, Lord Hanuman etc.
6) The garden and lawn located at Venugopala Temple are also the prime highlights. People can be spotted here spending a good quality time
Best Time To Visit:-
Venugopala Temple is a remarkable tourist site in Manipal, Karnataka. It attracts umpteen visitors from all directions of the city of Manipal. Being a place with a soul-soothing ambiance, it is visited on a huge scale. Any season of the year is regarded as apt for embarking a trip to Venugopala Temple.
Manipal is well-connected with all major roadways and railways. The local transit is also available at regular intervals for commuting to & from different destinations. One can hire the service of the local transit for reaching Venugopala Temple conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station- Udupi Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Mangalore Airport