A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2012, Mukurthi National Park is a popular tourist attraction in the hill town of Ooty. This national park is a part of Nilgiri Reserve, India’s First Biosphere Reserve. Since it is surrounded by the enchanting hills of Nilgiri, its elevation varies between 4,900 feet-8,123 feet. It never fails to attract the visitors on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mukurthi National Park is a famous tourist attraction in the Nilgiris and is a home to a variety of flora & fauna
2) It provides shelter to the Nilgiri Tahr because the prime purpose of establishing this national park was the protection of the Nilgiri Tahr
3) The other animals that reside here include the names like the wild dog, civet cat, mouse deer, otter, hare, leopard, macaque, barking deer, mouse deer etc.
4) Mukurthi National Park is known for housing a vast variety of flora as well. Different wild plants like the Rhododendron, acacia, eucalyptus etc. exist here. The wild yellow raspberries also grow in this park
5) The activities like trekking and camping can be enjoyed as well in this park
Best Time To Visit:-
Even a short trip to Mukurthi National Park is not disappointing. People love to spend some intimate time in the laps of nature. The period between October-March is regarded as the apt time for visiting this national park because the weather remains pleasant for touring the biosphere reserve and relish camping/trekking.
Mukurthi National Park and biosphere reserve is well-connected via roadways and railways. The best way to reach the park is by hiring a local cab or a jeep.
Nearest Railway Station- Udhagamandalam Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Coimbatore Railway Station
Top Things To Do In OotyView All
Best Travel Packages in OotyView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.