Mukteshwar Temple, originally known as Mukteshwar Mahadeva Temple, is a sacred shrine in Pathankot. It is a historical shrine that dates back to the period of the Pandavas. It is said that during the exile period, Pandavas and Draupadi arrived at this place and built a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The powerhouse of the Pandavas, Bhim, carved four caves where they resided for a period of six months. Hence, this temple along with caves gained popularity over the time and now are thronged by the tourists and devotees on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mukteshwar Mahadeva Temple is an ancient shrine that dates back to the period of Pandavas. It stands on a hillock and was built by the Pandavas themselves.
2) Lord Shiva is represented in the form of a Shivalinga. It is worshiped thrice a day and the bhasm aarti, similar to Ujjain shrine, also takes place here.
3) The caves located next to this temple were sued as a residence by the Pandavas. These 4 caves are worshiped in the present-day scenario.
4) In the temple premises, the idols of other Hindu religious figurines like Lord Krishna, Lord Hanuman, Lord Ganesha etc. are installed and worshiped as well.
5) The festival of Maha Shivaratri is celebrated here enthusiastically and special prayers are offered throughout the day.
Best Time To Visit:-
Mukteshwar Mahadeva Temple is a famous & ancient shrine. It can be visited any day throughout the year. All Mondays of the whole year are important and the temple is visited by devotees extensively.
Due to a wide network of the roads and railheads, Mukteshwar Mahadeva Temple can be reached easily. The local buses and autos are the best options for reaching this temple conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Pathankot Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Pathankot Airport
Top Things To Do In PathankotView All
Best Travel Packages in PathankotView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.