Standing near the banks of the River Kusabhadra, Ramachandi Temple is a pilgrimage site for the followers of Hinduism in Puri, Odisha. It is built in the traditional Oriya style of architecture and enshrines Goddess Ramachandi. It is located in a serene area of Puri and serves as a picnic spot apart from being a holy temple. Each day, numerous devotees can be spotted at Ramachandi Temple offering their prayers to the Goddess Ramachandi.
It Is Known For:-
1) Ramachandi Temple is an important Shakti Peetha in Odisha.
2) A compelling tale is associated with this temple. According to it, a Hindu rebel man converted to Islam and took a vow to destroy all Hindu shrines. He decided to demolish Ramachandi Temple but was not able to do so despite numerous efforts.
3) The same night, Ramachandi appeared in the dream of her ardent devotee and ordered him to build her temple near the river.
4) The shrine was built near the banks of Kusabhadra River and the throne of Goddess Ramachandi was placed inside.
5) Due to a natural calamity, a major portion of the temple was destroyed but still has the charm to attract visitors due to the scenic surroundings.
Best Time To Visit:-
Ramachandi Temple is a famous landmark near Kusabhadra River. Since it is surrounded by the beauteous plantations and a breathtaking landscape, it attracts visitors on a huge scale throughout the year.
The entry to this temple is free and videography/photography is allowed as well.
Ramachandi Temple is located in a region that has a wide connectivity of roads that connect it with rest parts of Puri. It can be accessed easily by bus, taxi, or auto.
Nearest Railway Station:- Puri Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Biju Patnaik Airport
Top Things To Do In PuriView All
Best Travel Packages in PuriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.