Surrounded by the beautiful green surroundings of Madhav National Park, Sakhya Sagar Lake is a major point of interest in the district of Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh. It was established in the 1920s during the British rule in India. This lake never fails to attract the visitors on a huge scale. It is a navigable water body and one can relish the activity of boating in it. Spending a couple of hours at this lake refreshes the tired senses immediately.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sakhya Sagar Lake was created in the bygone times for maintaining an ecological balance.
2) It is a home to a variety of amphibians like the Indian alligator, crocodile, monitor lizard, Indian python, Indian bullfrog, and much more.
3) Apart from the amphibians, many Indian birds can be spotted as well around the lake.
4) Being a navigable water body, one can enjoy a good quality time observing the nature and its creations closely.
5) Bird watching is another activity that pulls the crowd.
Best Time To Visit:-
Sakhya Sagar Lake is a prominent site of interest and it never fails to impress the visitors. This place can be visited throughout the year excluding monsoons that might cause inconvenience to the tourists.
The entry to the lake is free of cost but, the activity of boating is chargeable. The boating can be enjoyed only till a restricted area due to the active presence of crocodiles and alligators.
Sakhya Sagar Lake is a famous tourist site and to reach the place, one can easily hire the service of the local transit like the bus, taxi, and auto for commuting to & from the lake.
Nearest Railway Station:- Shivpuri Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Shivpuri Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In ShivpuriView All
Best Travel Packages in ShivpuriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.