Adjoining the renowned Hindu shrine Brihadeeswarar Temple, Sivaganga Garden is a famous tourist place in Thanjavur. This park was built as a public garden in the 18th century under the reign of the Chola Dynasty. It is visited by the people on a daily basis for walking and jogging.
It Is Known For:-
1) Initially, it was developed as a personal park for the royal clan but was donated for the welfare of the public
2) Sivaganga Garden is an apt place, especially for the tourists, to spend a day’s itinerary
3) The locals also gather at this place and spend their leisure time. It has a separate section for the children and it is equipped with the swings
4) This garden also houses a mini zoological park that provides shelter to the animals like the monkey, elephant, giraffe, langur etc.
5) The park also has a reservoir in which people can swim and enjoy boating
Best Time To Visit:-
Sivaganga Garden is a famous landmark in the city and is visited by the people on a large scale. Each day, it welcomes countless visitors including the foreign tourists.
A small entry charge has to be given, depending on the nationality, for visiting this park.
Being a famous place of interest in Thanjavur, Sivaganga Garden is well-connected with the rest of the city. All the local transit like the bus, cabs, and animal carts are available for reaching this amazing destination.
Nearest Railway Station- Tanjore Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Chennai Airport
Top Things To Do In ThanjavurView All
Best Travel Packages in ThanjavurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.