Kanaka Durga Temple is a famous Hindu shrine in Vijayawada. Standing on the hill of Indrakeeladri near the banks of the river Krishna, this temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. Kanaka Durga Temple is located amid the beautiful surroundings and is visited by tourists extensively, especially on the occasion of Navratri.
It Is Known For:-
1) The temple is known for its Dravidian style of architecture
2) The presiding idol of Goddess Durga is said to be self-manifested
3) Legends claim that Goddess Durga killed the demon Mahishasura at this place
4) Arjuna, the third Pandava, received Pashupath Astra from Lord Shiva after performing penance at this place
5) The celebrations of Navratri
Best Time To Visit:-
Kanaka Durga Temple attracts the devotees from all the corners of the region. Throughout the year, people pay a visit to this holy shrine. The best time to visit this place is during Navratri. It is the time when the whole temple premises are decorated beautifully. Aartis take place in the morning and evening for 9 days that are attended by many people.
Kanaka Durga Temple is located near the main city of Vijayawada. Due to its location, it is connected with all the major transportations like the bus, taxi, and auto rickshaw. People can hire the services of these transportations and reach the shrine.
Nearest Railway Station- Vijayawada Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Vijayawada Airport
Top Things To Do In VijayawadaView All
Best Travel Packages in VijayawadaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.