Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat needs no introduction. Also famous as Bareilly Sharif, Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat is a sacred site for the followers of Islam. This place is the final resting place of Ahmad Raza Khan, a Hanafi jurist who was known for his strong opposition of Wahhabism in India. At present, it is visited by the devotees on a grand scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat is the spiritual center for the Sunnah sect of South Asia
2) Standing in the Islamic style of architecture, it is said that the dome of this Muslim shrine was designed by Alama Shah Mehmood Jaan Qadri just by using matchsticks
3) This dargah runs a madrsa that educates the individuals about Islam, Quran, and its preaching. Also, the Quran is translated word-by-word at Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat
4) The atmosphere of this dargah is enchanting and provides an otherworldly pleasure to the devotees
5) The festivals like Bakrid, Id-Ul-Fitr, Urs-e-Rizvi etc. are celebrated here with a great passion
Best Time To Visit:-
Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat is visited on a daily basis by numerous Muslims. It sees a huge footfall on every Friday of the year due to the Jumma and on the festive occasion of Eid. The tomb also witnesses a large number of devotees on Urs-e-Rizvi and birth & death anniversary of Ahmad Raza Khan. Thus, the festive season of Eid is the appropriate time for paying a visit to Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat.
Dargah-e-Ala Hazrat is a famous attraction and a pilgrimage site in Bareilly. It is visited by many people daily. Since it is well-connected by the roadways and railways, it can be reached easily by hiring the service of the local buses, taxis, and autos.
Nearest Railway Station- Bareilly Junction
Nearest Airport- Bareilly Airport
Top Things To Do In BareillyView All
Best Travel Packages in BareillyView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.