Constructed by the Jat rulers of Bharatpur, Lohagarh Fort is an astounding tourist attraction. It was built under the reign of Maharaja Suraj Mal in the mid-seventeenth century. It is located in the heart of the city that makes it the focal point. It never fails to draw thousands of tourists annually on the basis of its riveting architecture and history.
It Is Known For:-
1) Lohagarh Fort took a time of 60 years for its construction and initially, it was the sole palatial building in the region that tagged it as focal point of the city
2) Mahal Khas, Kamra Palace, and the Palace of Badan Singh are the three palaces located within the fort premises
3) As compared to other forts all over Rajasthan, this fort doesn't boast too much of carvings and sculptures
4) It is recorded as the strongest ever fort constructed in the history of India. It withstood the numerous but, unsuccessful attempts made by the British to siege it
5) Lohagarh Fort also comprises a beautiful royal garden that offers an ethereal ambiance to its visitors.
Best Time To Visit:-
Lohagarh Fort is a place that never disappoints anyone. The history lovers, tourists, and photographers can be spotted here throughout the year. Excluding the scorching summers, any season is considered as apt for paying a casual visit to this fort.
Based on the nationality, the entry for every visitor is paid. Separate charges are applicable for the video as well as the still camera.
The fort of Lohagarh is connected with all major roads of Bharatpur. The buses and taxis ply in plenty on its route for a comfortable commute.
Nearest Railway Station- Bharatpur Junction
Nearest Airport- Bharatpur Airport
Top Things To Do In BharatpurView All
Best Travel Packages in BharatpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.