Bargi Dam doesn’t require a formal introduction. It is an earthen dam that is built on the River Narmada and is one of the dams that were built in a chain on this river. It is the largest river in the state of Madhya Pradesh with a total length of 1,312 and this dam was constructed to manage the flow of this river for the generation of hydroelectricity.
It Is Known For:-
1) Bargi Dam is one the first completed dams among the chain of thirty dams that stand on the River Narmada.
2) It has a height of 226 foot and length of 5.4 km.
3) Its construction commenced in the year 1974 and was completed in 1990.
4) Bargi Dam serves the purpose of the generation of the hydroelectricity. It produces 90 megawatts on a daily basis.
5) This dam allows relishing the activity of boating in the River Narmada.
Best Time To Visit:-
Bargi Dam is a prominent tourist site and is visited by numerous tourists and locals. This attraction in the city of Jabalpur is a great picnic spot as well. People can be spotted spending a good quality time near the dam.
The entry to the dam and photography are free of cost. The boating facility is chargeable.
With a well-established connectivity of the roadways and railways, it is easier to commute within the city of Jabalpur. To reach Bargi Dam, an individual can hire the pocket-friendly service of the local transit that is available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jabalpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Jabalpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JabalpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JabalpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.