Chausath Yogini Temple is a famous Hindu shrine in Jabalpur. This place is also one of the heritage sites in India and is dedicated to Goddess Durga and her female attendants. This temple enshrines her sixty-four yoginis along with her. Chausath Yogini Temple was built in the 10th century during the reign of Kalachuri Empire. It was built in the Kalachuri Hindu style of architecture near the banks of the River Narmada. Presently, it is a huge crowd puller in the city and draws countless visitors.
It Is Known For:-
1) Chausath Yogini Temple is a famous Hindu shrine in Jabalpur and is known as the abode of Goddess Durga & her 64 yoginis.
2) Apart from being a regular Hindu shrine, it is also enlisted as a famous heritage site in India.
3) Though it stands in Kalachuri Hindu style of architecture, the structure of the temple has a resemblance to the group of temples that are located in Khajuraho.
4) This temple is built in a circular manner and initially, the granite stone was used in its construction. After the Mughal invasion, the treasury of this temple was looted and it was rebuilt using marble and sandstone.
5) It also enshrines Lord Mahadev with Goddess Gauri.
Best Time To Visit:-
Chausath Yogini Temple is a famous point of interest in Jabalpur. Being a renowned destination in the ‘Heart of The Country’, it is visited on a huge scale by numerous visitors. To make the visit rewarding, one should pay a visit to this place between October-March. It is the appropriate season to embark a journey to this site.
Chausath Yogini Temple is located in a bustling region of the city and has a well-connected system of the roadways and railways. One can commute to & from the temple by hiring the service of the local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jabalpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Jabalpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JabalpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JabalpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.