Dumna Nature Reserve is one of the key tourist attractions in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Spreading over 10 sq. km., it is a habitat of the different mammalian species like the spotted deer, wild boar, jackal, wolf, and leopard etc. Since a major portion of this reserve is bedecked with greenery, it makes a delightful destination for spending a good quality time among the wild creatures.
It Is Known For:-
1) Dumna Nature Reserve is known for its arresting circumjacent.
2) The lush green surroundings of this amazing tourist site make it a widely preferred choice for the visitors that wish to spend a good quality time observing the wild animals.
3) The jackal, wolf, wild boar, leopard etc. are some animals that can be spotted in this reserve on a frequent basis.
4) The horned-owl is also a key attraction in this wildlife reserve.
5) Khandari Dam stands near the reserve premises and is a habitat for the Indian gharials.
Best Time To Visit:-
Dumna Nature Reserve is a famous tourist attraction and never fails to impress the visitors due to its geographical pulchritude and fauna. To make the visit rewarding, one should visit this wildlife reserve during November-April and monsoons. It is the apt season for spotting a variety of wild animals and their young ones.
The entry to Dumna Nature Reserve is paid for all and regular safaris are organized for visitors by the forest department at a reasonable charge.
Dumna Nature Reserve is a well-known landmark in the city of Jabalpur and has a well-established connectivity of the roadways and railways. One can easily reach this reserve by hiring the service of the local transit that is available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jabalpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Jabalpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JabalpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JabalpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.