Korigad Fort is a well-known ancient hill fort in Pune. This fort stands on a plateau at a height of 3,024 feet above the sea level. This monument is said to date back to the year 1500 CE and is surrounded by the enchanting Aamby Valley. Due to its tantalizing location, Korigad Fort is visited by the people on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) This fort was under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji and was used as a watchtower to keep an eye on every movement in the region of Korigad and its villages.
2) It houses the temple of the guardian deity, Devi Korai, along with the shrines of Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva as Shivaji was a devout Hindu.
3) After a prolonged period of time, this fort came under the power of the British and they shifted the shrine of Korai Devi to a different place.
4) Atop the fort, there are six cannons placed that belong to the period of Shivaji.
5) There are different gateways and secret tunnels that are located in this hill fort.
Best Time To Visit:-
Korigad Fort is a major tourist attraction that never fails to attract tourists on a huge scale. Due to its location, it is seen as an apt place for hiking and thus, it is visited throughout the year. October-January is an amazing season for visiting Korigad Fort.
Due to the location of this hill fort, one can access it by relishing a short trek. Tourists have to de-board the bus/taxi at the village of Peth Shahpur.
Nearest Railway Station:- Lonavala Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Mumbai International Airport
Top Things To Do In LonavalaView All
Best Travel Packages in LonavalaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.