Kundala Dam, also known by the name Sethuparvati Dam, is India's first arch dam that stands on the lake with the same name. This lake is a heavenly place with the enchanting surroundings. The landscape around the lake provides calmness to eyes and is a place that never fails to draw tourists on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) The dam is a well-known attraction because it is India's first arch-shaped dam
2) The lake is surrounded by the picturesque landscape that makes it an ideal picnic spot
3) Tourists can relish the activity of boating in Kundala Lake. It includes the pedal boating, shikara boating, speed boating etc.
4) The nearby restaurants that serve the typical South Indian cuisine
5) Recently, it has emanated as a photo shoot destination as well
Best Time To Visit:-
The ideal time for visiting Kundala Dam & Lake is during the months between January-April and September-early December. During this time, one can witness the beautiful cherry gardens and Kurunji flowers. These flowers are known to blossom once in 12 years!
You do not have to worry about reaching Kundala Dam & Lake. You can hire the service of the local buses and auto-rickshaws that ply to the route. After de-boarding at the village of Kundala, one has to cover a short distance by walking.
Nearest Railway Station- Aluva and Kottayam Railway Stations
Nearest Airport- Cochin International Airport
Top Things To Do In MunnarView All
Best Travel Packages in MunnarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.