Deekshabhoomi is a famous tourist attraction and a sacred site for the followers of Buddhism. This place is famous because of Dr. Ambedkar, a reputed political personality of India, converted from Hinduism to Buddhism at this place. It was done by him to put an end to the caste-system which was prevalent in that time. This place holds a great importance in Nagpur and is frequented by the people of all faiths.
It Is Known For:-
1) Deekshabhoomi is known for its architectural beauty. It spreads over 4 acres of land in the city and is a huge crowd puller. Its architecture resembles the sacred Sanchi Stupa.
2) This place has a capacity of accommodating over 2000 monks. It serves as a learning school as well as a hostel for monks.
3) In the hall located on the ground floor, a humongous image of Lord Buddha is placed. It was donated by the Thai students studying at Nagpur University.
4) The library in Deekshabhoomi is a great place for knowing the life of Dr. Ambedkar and the influence of Buddhism on him. One can also spot some pictures of Lord Buddha as well.
5) Around Deekshabhoomi, there’s a huge garden where visitors can relax
Best Time To Visit:-
Deekshabhoomi is like a tourist magnet in Nagpur and plays an important role in attracting the tourists from Maharashtra and other states. It witnesses a huge footfall on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti and Buddha Poornima.
Deekshabhoomi can be reached easily by hiring the service of the local bus, auto, or taxi as it is well-connected via a large network of roadways.
Nearest Railway Station:- Nagpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Airport
Top Things To Do In NagpurView All
Best Travel Packages in NagpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.