Futala Lake is an ancient lake in Nagpur. This lake was built during the reign of the Bhosle dynasty in the city. It is a 200-years-old lake and covers an entire area of 60 acres. Being a prominent tourist attraction, it never fails to attract the visitors and locals on a vast scale. Many people can be spotted at Futala Lake on a daily basis.
It Is Known For:-
1) Futala Lake is a 200-years-old lake. This water body is the oldest lake in the city.
2) It is said that there came a period when the water of the lake entirely vanished. After the restoration work, it became possible to refill the lake with water.
3) Since then, this lake is well-maintained by the park authorities that receive funds and donations from philanthropists and common people.
4) After restoration, it is dotted with the water hyacinth, water lily, hydria, Potamogeton, and algae.
5) Since this lake is surrounded by forests on three sides, it has become a great spot for camping as well.
Best Time To Visit:-
Futala Lake is frequently visited by the tourists and locals alike. It welcomes everyone throughout the year and thus, any time of the year is regarded as suitable for visiting and spending a couple of hours near the banks of this lake.
Littering is a punishable offense at this site and visitors that are caught littering are imposed with a fine.
With a well-established network of the roadways and railways, it has a regular service of the local transit like the bus and taxi. Their services can be hired for commuting to & from the destination conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Nagpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Airport
Top Things To Do In NagpurView All
Best Travel Packages in NagpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.