Jama Mosque in Nagpur is a major tourist attraction and a prominent religious site in the city of Nagpur. It is an ancient mosque that was constructed during the rule of British in India. Despite being a historical mosque, it appears to be a newly constructed building due to the maintenance. Every day, it is visited by numerous Muslims for offering the prayers.
It Is Known For:-
1) Jama Mosque is known for its exemplary architecture. This pious building stands in an Islamic style of architecture.
2) The entire structure is constructed using the white marble. It has a huge dome and 4 minarets around it.
3) The exterior walls of the entrance boast the verses in the Arabic language from the Holy Quran. The same can be seen on the interior walls.
4) The minarets and other walls of this mosque are carved in a serpentine manner and also have some intricate patterns on them.
5) The festival of Eid is celebrated here with a great zest and hundreds of Muslims gather to offer the namaaz.
Best Time To Visit:-
Jama Mosque is a spectacular and the biggest mosque in Nagpur. People from different directions of the city visit this place to offer the prayers. All Fridays, the month of Ramadan, and Eid are the liveliest days to make the visit rewarding.
Jama Mosque is located in a bustling area of Nagpur and has a well-established network of the roadways and railways. The local buses, taxis, and autos are the best mode for reaching the mosque conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Nagpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Airport
Top Things To Do In NagpurView All
Best Travel Packages in NagpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.