Archaeological Museum of Hampi is a major tourist attraction in Karnataka. It is located in the region of Kamalapura and is an amazing place to gain some knowledge about Hampi of ancient times and its culture. This museum houses an astounding collection of the sculptures that were discovered during excavations. A majority of these discoveries belong to the times of Krishna Deva Raya.
It Is Known For:-
1) Archaeological Museum of Hampi is a place that throws light on Hampi of the foregone era.
2) There are 2 main galleries in the museum. The first gallery displays the entire city plan of Hampi, whereas, the second gallery showcases the ancient coins, weaponry of Vijayanagara kingdom, some taxidermy animals hunted by Krishna Deva Raya, and much more.
3) The second gallery exhibits the Shaiva faith because the Kingdom of Vijayanagara had umpteen devotees of Lord Shiva. Various forms of Lord Shiva like Bhairava, Veerbhadra, and Bhikshatanamurthi (Supreme Mendicant) are displayed here.
4) Not only Lord Shiva but his family is also depicted in different forms. Goddess Parvati is depicted as Shakti, Lord Ganesha is depicted as mangal murti, Lord Kartikeya is depicted as Lord Ayappa.
5) Other sculptures and paintings containing the Tantric sect and its figurines are shown in the other galleries.
Best Time To Visit:-
Archaeological Museum of Hampi is a huge crowd puller and never disappoints its visitors. This Place can be visited during any time in a year. It remains closed on all Fridays and National Holidays. Thus, one should confirm before paying a flying visit to this spot in Hampi. The entry to this museum is paid for all, excluding the children till 15 years of age.
No one is allowed to touch any exhibit and sculpture displayed in the galleries. Therefore, all guests should be careful before touching any exhibit.
Hampi city can be reached easily from other nearby cities. The state buses, express trains, and domestic flights are available in plentitude. Commuting within the city can be done best by hiring the service of the local transit like the bus, taxi, and autos that are available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Airport
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.