Hampi Bazaar doesn’t need an introduction. It is one amid the happening places in Hampi district in Karnataka. This famous place is also known by the name of Virupaksha Bazaar due to its location in front of Virupaksha Temple. It is a historical market that still stands in the ancient Dravidian style of architecture. Despite being an ancient market, it is a major crowd-puller and never fails to catch the sight of visitors that throng to this place from different directions of Karnataka.
It Is Known For:-
1) Hampi Bazaar is an ancient marketplace in Hampi and is located in front of Virupaksha Temple. It exists since the times of King Krishnadeva Raya.
2) In the previous times, it used to be the residential area of many courtiers of the king.
3) This market is full of the antique items, jewelry, and clothes.
4) Interestingly, the shops are still running in the old pavilions located in this area.
5) A massive monolithic structure of Nandi Bull can be seen at the end of Hampi Bazaar. It has some photographs that date back to the ancient era.
Best Time To Visit:-
Hampi Bazaar is a famous market and magnetizes visitors on a huge scale. Every day, it welcomes numerous people and tourists from different places. It can be visited throughout the year. Photography is allowed here.
All tourists visiting Hampi Bazaar should carry the extra cash because there are no ATMs in this area. Many shopkeepers insist on buying the sculptures at a high rate that appear to be ancient but aren’t. Thus, beware of such shopkeepers.
The city of Hampi has a well-established network of the railways, roadways, and airways. One can easily reach the city by any of these means. Commuting within the city is easy as the local transit like the buses, taxis, and rickshaws are available in plentitude.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Airport
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.