Resting on the hill of Anjaneya, Hanuman Temple is a must-visit temple in Hampi. The hill where this shrine stands is known as the birthplace of Lord Hanuman, the monkey-faced Hindu God. This place is highly revered by the followers of Hinduism on a huge scale. The temple is visible from a great distance on the hill due to its elevation as well as bright color. Lord Rama is also worshiped in this temple.
It Is Known For:-
1) Hanuman Temple in Hampi is a sacred site for Hindus, especially for the devotees of Lord Hanuman.
2) According to the legend, this shrine stands on the exact place where Lord Hanuman was born to Anjani.
3) It is visited widely on a daily basis and offerings are made to the deity.
4) Aarti takes place thrice a day. First in the early morning, second before the noon, and the third one in the evening.
5) The idol of Lord Hanuman is said to be self-manifested on an orange colored rock.
6) Ram Navami and Hanuman Jayanti are celebrated here with a great zeal.
Best Time To Visit:-
Hanuman Temple is a huge crowd puller in Hampi and never fails to attract devotees. This temple is visited on a daily basis but the footfall increases on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and on the occasion of Ram Navami and Hanuman Jayanti.
Hanuman Temple in Hampi is a famous travel destination. Due to its location on a hillock, it is also surrounded by the appealing surroundings. Due to such circumjacent, it is a residence to monkeys that keep an eye on the food items. Therefore, visitors should carry the food items to the temple carefully.
Hampi has a well-established network with the major roads, railheads, and airways. It can be reached easily through any of the above-listed means. Commuting within the city can be done best by the local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Airport
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.