Literally translating into a ‘Thousand Rama’, Hazara Rama Temple is a famous tourist attraction in the city of Hampi. Erected by Devaraya II in the 15th century, this temple is a unique and must-see attraction. The prime aspect that makes it an amazing place in Hampi is its structure and carvings. All carvings narrate the entire tale of the Hindu epic, Ramayana. Presently, it is visited on a huge scale by numerous visitors.
It Is Known For:-
1) Hazara Rama Temple is an ancient tourist attraction in Hampi. It is one among the ancient marvels that exist till date.
2) Initially, it was a plain structure with a sanctum but was renovated and sculpted by Devaraya II.
3) He established the narrations from the Hindu epic Ramayana in the form of sculptures.
4) Since the shrine is dedicated to Lord Rama, it also displays the instances of his childhood and his reign after returning to Ayodhya.
5) In the main sanctum, one can see the beautiful stone-carved idol of Lord Rama with Devi Sita, brother Lakshmana, and Lord Hanuman.
Best Time To Visit:-
Hazara Rama Temple is a famous tourist cum pilgrimage site. Though worshiping isn’t active here from a long period of time, this temple is still holding a religious significance among Hindus. This site can be visited throughout the year. No entry fee is charged and photography is allowed here.
Since Hazara Rama Temple is a religious tourist site, there are no adequate arrangements for answering nature’s call. Thus, visitors are expected to relieve themselves at the public washrooms located in the nearby area.
Hampi can be reached easily because of the superb connectivity of roadways, railways, and airways. Such connectivity makes it possible to reach it from the nearby cities and other states without hassle. One can commute within the city through buses and taxis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Airport
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.