Lotus Mahal is one among the must-visit tourist attractions in Hampi. It is located near the monument of Zenana Enclosure and is among those monuments that remained unharmed during the attacks on the city. Lotus Mahal is also known by the name of Chitragani Mahal and resembles the shape of a Lotus flower. It has calm surroundings that make it an amazing place to visit in Hampi. In simpler words, this monument is famed for its architecture and it is flocked by numerous tourists and locals alike.
It Is Known For:-
1) Lotus Mahal is known for its magnificent architecture. The dome of this monument is carved like an opening bud of a Lotus.
2) The other balconies and passages are covered in a manner that it resembles an opening Lotus flower.
3) The interesting part of the design of Lotus Mahal is that the arches of this building are a beautiful amalgam of the Hindu-Islamic style of architecture.
4) This 2-storey building has 24 intricately carved pillars that are simply stunning. The serpentine carving done on the pillars indicate the skill of the craftsmen of the then times.
5) Lotus Mahal was the spot where Krishna Deva Raya used to meet the ministers for meetings. His wives also used to spend some time at this place. Even musical performances for the royal guests were conducted here.
Best Time To Visit:-
Lotus Mahal is a major crowd-puller in Hampi and catches the attention of the numerous visitors on a huge scale. It can be visited during any time in a year because it is open to the common public throughout the week.
The entry to this beguiling place is paid and entirely depends on the nationality of a tourist. Photography is not prohibited but littering the place is a punishable offense that can lead to a heavy fine.
All tourists that visit Lotus Mahal should be watch the weather forecast before going there. During extreme summers and monsoons, it is advisable not to visit the place as one cannot explore the circumjacent and admire the exquisiteness of this ancient monument.
The city of Hampi is well-connected to all major roadways, railways, and railways. Such connectivity makes it convenient for tourists to commute to & from the city comfortably. The righteous means to explore the city are buses, taxis, and rickshaws. Some places can be explored best on foot.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Airport
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.