Located at a height of more than 6,000 feet above the sea level, Hanuman Garhi is a well-known Hindu shrine in Nainital. It enshrines Lord Hanuman, the supreme devotee of Lord Rama, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. In this temple, Lord Hanuman is depicted in the posture when he tore his chest and showed the world that Lord Ram & Devi Sita reside in his heart. It is an ancient temple that was built by Baba Neem Karoli in the year 1950.
It Is Known For:-
1) Hanuman Garhi is a popular temple in the region of Nainital
2) Hanuman Garhi in Nainital is known for its strategic location. It is the place that offers an enchanting view of the sunrise and sunset
3) It is visited by the devotees on a daily basis. Tuesdays and Saturdays are the busiest days in this sacred shrine of Lord Hanuman
4) The festivals of Hanuman Jayanti & Ram Navmi are celebrated here enthusiastically
5) Apart from being a sacred site, it is also a famous trekking destination due to its location in the hills
Best Time To Visit:-
Nainital is visited by a large number of tourists throughout the year and thus, Hanuman Garhi can also be visited by the people across the year. People from distant places arrive in this place to seek the blessings of the almighty and enjoy trekking as well.
Hanuman Garhi is a renowned Hindu shrine and is visited on a huge scale. It has a vast network of roadways that make it simpler for people to reach it.
Nearest Railway Station- Kathgodam Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Jolly Grant Airport
Top Things To Do In NainitalView All
Best Travel Packages in NainitalView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.