Sed-Gyued Monastery is a well-known place in West Bengal. This monastery belongs to the Sed-Gyued lineage. The present-day amazing building is the new building of the monastery because the old building was destroyed by the Chinese army in the previous times. Sed-Gyued Monastery is often visited by Dalai Lama. At present, this monastery is one of the institutes for Buddhist studies in the world.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sed-Gyued Monastery serves as a major institution for the Buddhist studies. Hundreds of monks reside here and learn about the Mahayana Buddhism
2) It houses the relics of the Buddhist figurines, their hand-written documents, items used by them
3) This monastery is also known for its philanthropic activities in the nearby villages as well
4) All the donations made to this monastery are utilized for charity purposes
5) The whole monastery is dedicated to Buddhism and its teachings, therefore, visitors can find everything related to Buddhism and the Buddhist saints
Best Time To Visit:-
Sed-Gyued Monastery is visited throughout the year. Numerous monks get themselves enrolled here for gaining the knowledge of Mahayana Buddhism. Thus, this monastery can be visited throughout the year.
Sed-Gyued Monastery is a famous Buddhist monastery in West Bengal. A well-established connection of the roadways and railways has made it convenient for the people to reach this monastery. Various buses and cabs ply to the route of this religious place and one can hire their services by paying a minimal charge.
Nearest Railway Station- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Bagdogra Airport
Top Things To Do In SiliguriView All
Best Travel Packages in SiliguriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.