Inaugurated in the year 1997, The Science City is a well-known name in the list of the tourist attractions in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is one of the largest science museums in the world and offers to learn the tough concepts of science in a playful manner. This place attracts the attention of everyone, whether young or old.
It Is Known For:-
1) The Science City is one of the largest science museums in the world
2) This place houses various galleries and halls where the various concepts of science are demonstrated through movie clips and 3D models
3) The must-visit halls include Illusions: permanent exhibition of the motion & placement make a different visual perception, Powers of Ten: 43 exhibits that unfold the universe, Science on a Sphere, and Live Butterfly Enclave
4) The other places that attract the science lovers include the names like the Earth Exploration Hall, Space Odyssey, and Maritime Park
5) Apart from everything related to science, one can also find the information about the evolution of the human race as well as upcoming futuristic technologies
Best Time To Visit:-
The Science City is a famous tourist attraction. Not only the guest visitors but it also welcomes the students from various educational institutions. This place can be visited throughout the year, excluding the national holidays. One has to pay a short entry fee before entering The Science City.
Reaching The Science City is not a tough job. Due to its location in the urban area, it is well-connected via roadways and railways. Frequent services of the local transit are also available for reaching this place conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station- Sealdah Junction
Nearest Airport- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
Top Things To Do In SiliguriView All
Best Travel Packages in SiliguriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.