Baidyanath Temple is a sacred ancient Hindu shrine in Deoghar. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas in India that is revered by all Hindus on a vast scale. This temple houses the Shivalinga that was established by Ravana, the King of Lanka. Baidyanath Temple is beautifully constructed and houses small shrine of other Hindu Gods within the premises. Every day, devotees offer their prayers to Lord Shiva at this sacred temple.
Why Is It Famous?
1) Baidyanath Temple is an ancient Jyotirlinga where Lord Shiva resides.
2) The Shivalinga was established by Ravana. While he was carrying it, Lord Varuna entered his belly that urged him to release the water.
3) Since he couldn’t keep down the Shivalinga due to its piety, Ravana requested a Brahmin child to hold the Shivalinga. The child was none other than Lord Ganesha in disguise. He placed the Shivalinga on the earth that was fixed there.
4) After countless efforts, Ravana was unable to move it and visited the place to worship Lord Shiva from Lanka every day till his demise.
5) This Jyotirlinga catches the sight of tourists on a huge scale. Pilgrims visit the temple on a huge scale.
Best Time To Visit:-
Baidyanath Temple is visited on a huge scale by devotees throughout the year. Mondays are jam-packed, especially in the month of Shravan. The festival of Maha Shivaratri is celebrated here with a great zest. Pilgrims are not allowed to carry the items made up of leather inside the temple.
Nearest Railway Station - Deoghar Junction
Nearest Airport - Simra Deoghar International Airport
Top Things To Do In DeogharView All
Best Travel Packages in DeogharView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.