Bhalukdhubi or Bhalukdubi Kali Temple is one of the famous Hindu shrines in Goalpara. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali, a form of Goddess Parvati, the holy consort of Lord Shiva. It is a beautifully constructed shrine built in the Hindu style of architecture. The devotees of Goddess Kali frequently visit this temple.
Why Is It Famous?
1) Bhalukdhubi Kali Temple is known for housing the enchanting idol of Goddess Kali.
2) The idol is carved out of the black marble and catches the sight immediately.
3) It is said that in the ancient times, a local wealthy merchant dreamt about Goddess Kali instructing him about building a temple.
4) Within a year, the shrine was constructed and the idol carved out of the black marble was installed in the sanctum.
5) The holy festival of Navratri is celebrated here enthusiastically.
Best Time To Visit:-
The period of Navratri is the best time for visiting Bhalukdhubi Kali Temple. The whole temple premises are decorated and puja is conducted twice a day. No entry fee is charged from people visiting this holy shrine of Mother Goddess.
Nearest Railway Station - Golaghat Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Rowriah Airport
Top Things To Do In GolaghatView All
Best Travel Packages in GolaghatView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.