Olakaruvi, also spelled as Ullakarvi, is a waterfall in the forested range of the Western Ghats in Kanyakumari. It is a must-visit place in Kanyakumari that serves as an ideal picnic spot for those who want to spend some time away from the bustling noise of the city. If tourists want to succumb to nature or spend some intimate time with it, Olakaruvi Falls is the right destination.
It Is Known For:-
1) Olakaruvi Falls spill down in two tiers and is famous for its green surroundings. The waters spill down from a massive height of 177 feet
2) The lower tier is the most-visited site because the upper tier is located among the hills. Only the healthy and the trekkers can reach the upper tier
3) The waters of this amazing waterfall remain cool throughout the year
4) Quite often, people visit Olakaruvi Falls and spend a day's itinerary with their loved ones
5) The venture of trekking can be enjoyed in the surrounding area is of this waterfall
Best Time To Visit:-
Olakaruvi Falls never fails to attract the tourists. People visit this place to spend a good quality time with Mother Nature and thus, this place welcomes all throughout the year. Due to its location in the Western Ghats, the atmosphere usually remains pleasant.
Reaching Olakaruvi Falls is not a tough job. After de-boarding the bus at the village of Azakhiyapandiapuram, one can hire the service of the local bullock carts or enjoy a short trek for reaching this beautiful waterfall.
Nearest Railway Station- Trivandrum Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Trivandrum International Airport
Top Things To Do In KanyakumariView All
Best Travel Packages in KanyakumariView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.