A stunning example of the Gothic style of architecture, Our Lady of Ransom Church is a renowned tourist attraction in Kanyakumari. It is an iconic landmark in the region and was founded by St. Xavier. In the 15th century, this church was known as Our Lady of Delights Grotto and was renamed at Our Lady of Ransom Church. Today, it stands as one of the best places to visit in Kanyakumari.
It Is Known For:-
1) The excavations done around and tombstones near Our Lady of Ransom Church are the biggest proof that Catholics lived there for a long time
2) The entire structure is built in the Gothic style of architecture. It has spacious interiors that are decorated with the Biblical verses
3) The main altar of the church has an enchanting idol of the Virgin Mary with baby Jesus. It is beautifully decorated with lights
4) The Golden Car Procession is a famous fest celebrated here. There are 3 chariots dedicated to Our Lady of Ransom, St. Joseph, and St. Xavier
5) Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, and the Feast of Our Lady of Ransom is celebrated here with a great vigor
Best Time To Visit:-
Our Lady of Ransom Church welcomes the visitors of all faiths without discrimination. Each day, people visit this church and pay their respects to the Almighty. The best time to visit Our Lady of Ransom Church is throughout the year, especially during the festive season.
Our Lady of Ransom Church is a famous attraction in Kanyakumari. It has a well-established network of the roadways and railways that connect it with the rest of the city. The local buses and taxis are the best option for reaching this site conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station- Eraniel Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Trivandrum International Airport
Top Things To Do In KanyakumariView All
Best Travel Packages in KanyakumariView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.