Bhavani Mandap is a historical building located in the district of Kolhapur, Maharashtra. It is a Hindu shrine of the yesteryears that is dedicated to Goddess Bhavani, a form of Goddess Shakti. It is built in the Marathi style of architecture and stands close to the famous temple of Mahalaxmi. There’s a famous legend associated with this temple that goes like this- The idol of Goddess Bhavani was installed by Chhatrapati Shivaji. He used to pray to the goddess and saved the idol from the invasion of the gruesome Mughal ruler, Aurangzeb. However, this legend remains debatable.
It Is Known For:-
1) Bhavani Mandap is an intriguing architectural marvel in Kolhapur.
2) This temple is regarded as a home to Tulja Bhavani who is treated as a ‘guest’ of Goddess Mahalaxmi in the city.
3) As compared to the shrine of Mahalaxmi, Bhavani Mandap is relatively small in size.
4) All prominent Hindu festivals like Navaratri, Holi, Diwali etc. are celebrated here with a great enthusiasm.
5) This temple houses a gallery where the taxidermies of the animals hunted by Shahuji Maharaja are displayed for the public. His life-size statue is also installed in the temple courtyard.
6) This historical shrine cum monument reflects an old-world charm of the British Raj in India.
Best Time To Visit:-
Bhavani Mandap is an amazing travel destination in Kolhapur and is visited by the people on a huge scale. Since it is a shrine, it is visited throughout the year by countless devotees and tourists. Any season is apt for marking the presence at Bhavani Mandap.
Bhavani Mandap can be reached easily due to its location in an urban area. It is well-connected via all roads and railways that allow a smooth access to this temple.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Station
Nearest Airport:- Kolhapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KolhapurView All
Best Travel Packages in KolhapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.