Gaganbavada or Gaganbawada is a famous town in the city of Kolhapur. It is a beautiful town that is settled in the foothills of the Western Ghats. It is a place that offers a scenic view of the beautiful view of the Western Ghats and its nearby woods. Due to its location, it is seen as a picture perfect weekend escape and thus, it is visited by the tourists on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Gaganbavada is a beautiful tourist destination in Kolhapur. Due to its location at the foothills of the Western Ghats, it has emerged as a remarkable tourist site in the district.
2) The entire town is surrounded with the garnet green vegetation and is visually appealing.
3) Since it gets a sufficient amount of the rain shower, its surroundings remain green for a major part of the year.
4) Gaganbavada can mesmerize any nature lover due to the presence of the beautiful valleys and hills.
5) It also has a rich biodiversity. There are 120 bird species, 50 butterfly species, and 21 species of animals.
6) There are more tourist attractions around it. The places like Pandav Caves, Lakhmapur Dam, Morjai Temple & Plateau etc. are some must-see sites in Gaganbavada
Best Time To Visit:-
Being an appealing tourist attraction, Gaganbavada is visited throughout the year by numerous visitors. The best time to visit this intriguing place is during monsoons and winters. The beauty of Gaganbavada doubles up during these seasons.
Gaganbavada is well-connected with the roadways. The local transit is available on a frequent basis for reaching this beautiful site conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Station
Nearest Airport:- Kolhapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KolhapurView All
Best Travel Packages in KolhapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.