Panchganga is a famous water-body in the Indian city of Kolhapur. It is a major river and a tributary of the River Krishna that flows through the borders of Kolhapur and is formed by the other 4 rivers. These rivers are known as Kasari, Kumbhi, Tulsi, and Bhogwati. It is a major tourist attraction and is visited by the tourists from different parts of the state on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Panchganga River is known for its calm ambiance. The melody of the waters flowing in a rhythm make the atmosphere soul-soothing.
2) According to local dwellers of the region, it is believed that the River Saraswati also flows underground and forms a part of Panchganga River.
3) The regions fed by the waters of this river have green vegetation. It also serves as a major source of water for the locals.
4) Due to the modern canal system, the waters of this river have benefitted the farmers for irrigating their fields.
5) The banks of this river in an open place are the best place to witness the enchanting view of the sunrise and sunset.
Best Time To Visit:-
Panchganga River is an amazing tourist site in the city of Kolhapur. People from different places in Maharashtra visit this place to spend their leisure time with family and friends. It is a navigational water body and the activity of boating can be enjoyed at this river.
No visitor has to pay any amount either for entering or parking their vehicle in the parking. Only the recreational activity like boating is chargeable.
Panchganga River is well-connected via all major roads in the city. To reach this place, there are numerous options available like the local buses and taxis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Station
Nearest Airport:- Kolhapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KolhapurView All
Best Travel Packages in KolhapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.