Gandhi Memorial Museum or Gandhi Museum is a frequently visited tourist attraction in the city of Madurai. This museum is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi and is listed among one of the five Gandhi Sanghralayas in the country. It is the first museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi in Madurai and is located in the premises of Tamukkam Palace.
It Is Known For:-
1) Gandhi Memorial Museum is the first museum in Madurai dedicated to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi
2) This museum was built by collecting the funds from the citizens of India
3) It exhibits various documents of Mahatma Gandhi like the original handwritten documents, photocopies of the various congratulatory letters he wrote to Indian politicians, paintings, some rare photographs with the renowned world leaders etc.
4) There is a separate section in the museum that houses the personal belongings of Gandhi. In this section, one can find the replica of various personal items including the blood-stained cloth.
5) Unlike other museums that remain closed on Gandhi Jayanti, this museum remains open to observe the important day
Best Time To Visit:-
Planning a trip to Gandhi Memorial Museum never goes in vain because it welcomes numerous visitors throughout the year. Not only the domestic visitors but, the foreign nationals also arrive Madurai to visit the museum.
With a well-established connectivity of the roadways and railways, it becomes convenient to reach Gandhi Memorial Museum. The local transit plies in plenty on the route of Gandhi Museum.
Nearest Railway Station- Madurai Junction
Nearest Airport- Madurai Airport
Top Things To Do In MaduraiView All
Best Travel Packages in MaduraiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.