Also known by the name of Thirukadalmallai, Sthala Sayana Perumal Temple is a sacred shrine for Hindus in Mahabalipuram. It is a temple that enshrines Lord Vishnu. This temple is also regarded as the place where Bhoothathalvar, the Azhwar Saint, was born. Sthala Sayana Perumal Temple has a high religious significance. It is said that Lord Vishnu assumed the form of an old man and went to Sage Pundarika asking for some food. The sage went to fetch some food and saw Lord Vishnu's idol in the place of the old man. Presently, it is visited by the Hindus on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) This temple is known for its appealing Dravidian style of architecture
2) Interestingly, the priests that conduct daily prayers belong to the Vaishnava community. No other community is allowed to serve as a priest in the shrine
3) In the sanctum of the temple, one can find Lord Vishnu without Adishesha, the serpent
4) The Vedic rituals are conducted 6 times a day with a great enthusiasm
5) Bhoothathazhwar Avata Utsavam is a major festival celebrated here
Best Time To Visit:-
Sthala Sayana Perumal Temple attracts numerous visitors on a large scale. Throughout the year, it remains flooded with the devotees of Lord Vishnu. The footfall increases during the festive season.
Being a prominent place of interest in Mahabalipuram, it has a vast web of the roadways that connect it with the rest of the cities. The local buses, autos, and cabs are available for reaching the temple.
Nearest Railway Station- Kanchipuram Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Chennai International Airport
Top Things To Do In MahabalipuramView All
Best Travel Packages in MahabalipuramView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.