Salugara Monastery is a popular Buddhist shrine located on the outskirts of Siliguri. It is visited by many Buddhist monks from India, Tibet, and Nepal. This monastery is regarded as an ideal place for meditating. This monastery houses the religious Tashi Stupa which is said to be established by the Lama, Kalu Rinpoche.
It Is Known For:-
1) Salugara Monastery is famous as it stands among those monasteries in India that are frequently visited by H.H Dalai Lama
2) This monastery also runs a Buddhist institution where young monks are taught about Mahayana and Tantric sect of Buddhism
3) It stands in the traditional blend of the Indo-Tibetan style of architecture
4) The rich interiors of this monastery house an enchanting idol of Guru Rinpoche, Lama Kalu Rinpoche, and Lord Buddha
5) The peaceful ambiance of this place and its alluring surroundings also draw tourists on a large scale
Best Time To Visit:-
Salugara Monastery is a famous monastery in Darjeeling and is a home to many monks. The alluring landscapes around it attract visitors extensively and thus, make this place popular among people. It can be visited throughout the year.
Salugara Monastery is located on the outskirts of Siliguri. Due to its location, it can only be accessed by hiring a travel coach or a taxi after de-boarding the train/flight. The buses towards this monastery are available at the lowest frequency. Therefore, it is recommended for hiring a coach for avoiding inconvenience.
Nearest Railway Station- Siliguri Junction
Nearest Airport- Bagdogra Airport
Top Things To Do In SiliguriView All
Best Travel Packages in SiliguriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.