- Lisbon Marathon ---- The Lisbon Marathon is attracting more and more runners each year as its reputation extends as one of the best marathons in the world, primarily because of the beautiful city in which it is run but also because of the high level of organisation.
- Lisbon Book Fair ---- The open-air book fair in Edward VII Park has been a popular event on Lisbon's calendar since the 1930s. It offers visitors wonderful browsing opportunities through the dusty covers of old books, to new reads and comic books.
Castelo de Sao Jorge ---- The walls of Saint George's Castle, sitting atop a hill guarding the Tagus, date from the Moorish occupation in the 10th century, but the site has been a fortress for centuries, possibly from 500 AD.
- Alfama ---- The oldest part of Lisbon, the Alfama quarter sprawls down the hillside from below the Castelo de Sao Jorge, retaining much of the traditional colour and atmosphere from the days when it was the ancient seat of the Saracens.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Museum --- Gulbenkian was an Armenian oil magnate who died in 1955 having put together one of the world's finest private art collections.
- The Bairro Alto --- The Bairro Alto district (literally the Upper City) is, like the Alfama, an historic enclave dating from 1513, which is reached in a novel way via the Santa Justa Elevator
- Monument to the Discoveries ---- One of the most famous sights in Lisbon is the imposing monument, situated on the riverbank in the Avenida de Brasilia in the district of Belem, designed to commemorate the Portuguese Age of Discovery.
- Tower of Belem --- The famous Tower of Belem is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is one of Lisbon's most photographed landmarks because of the decoration on its exterior.
- Parque das Nacoes --- Lisbon's exhibition park was upgraded and renamed for the Expo '98 world exposition, which revitalised the city and brought international tourists and interest flooding in.
Castelo de Sao Jorge ---- The walls of Saint George's Castle, sitting atop a hill guarding the Tagus, date from the Moorish occupation in the 10th ce...
Lisbon Marathon ---- The Lisbon Marathon is attracting more and more runners each year as its reputation extends as one of the best marathons in the w...
Lisbon has a very active nightlife, offering everything from clubs and bars to traditional Fado music, international concerts and fantastic theatre. T...