Kal Bhairav Temple is a famous Hindu Temple in the Indian state of Ujjain. It is dedicated to Kal Bhairav, the guardian deity of the city. Kal Bhairav is a fierce manifestation of Lord Shiva and is said to be born from the nail of Shiva. Thus, Kal Bhairav is also known as a son of Shiva. This ancient shrine dedicated to him stands on the backwaters of the River Kshipra. It is a shrine that is visited by numerous devotees.
It Is Known For:-
1) Kal Bhairav Temple is a renowned shrine in Ujjain that is visited extensively.
2) Marking the presence at this temple becomes essential for every devotee that visits Harsiddhi Shakti Peetha.
3) The temple enshrines a bright-orange colored idol of Bhairav that is worshiped extensively. He also wears a Maratha style turban on his head. The offering of liquor is a customary practice at the shrine.
4) It is the belief of devotees that Lord Kal Bhairav drinks the liquor offered to him.
5) Apart from the common people, one can also spot the tantric sect in this temple that visits the shrine and offer the prayers to the ‘Guardian Deity of Ujjain’.
6) It is said that before embarking a journey, especially at night, one should offer a short prayer to Lord Bhairav and he’ll protect the travelers throughout their journey.
Best Time To Visit:-
Kal Bhairav Temple is a major crowd puller. This temple attracts the devotees on an extensive scale and thus, can be visited during any time of the year especially during Maha Shivaratri.
Ujjain city has a wider connectivity of the roadways and railways. The local transit is also available on a frequent basis. Therefore, reaching this temple is not a hassle.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ujjain Junction
Nearest Airport:- Ujjain Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In UjjainView All
Best Travel Packages in UjjainView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.