Khandeshwar Mahadev is a famous Hindu shrine in the village of Khilchipur (Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh). It is an ancient temple that enshrines Lord Shiva in the form of a Shivalinga. It was built in the bygone era and was entirely different from the present-day structure. According to the mythology, many demigods like Indra, Agni, and even Lord Vishnu gained divine powers by worshiping Khandeshwar Mahadev. It is a major place of interest for the followers of Hinduism and attracts the visitors and devotees alike.
It Is Known For:-
1) Khandeshwar Mahadev is an ancient Hindu temple and one of the lesser known 64 Jyotirlingas.
2) It is said this shrine of Lord Shiva has a miraculous aura and by paying the respects to the deity, all problems are wiped away.
3) As far as the architecture of this temple is concerned, it stands in a simple Hindu style of architecture. The interiors of the temple are adorned with the images of the Hindu religious figurines.
4) The sanctum of this shrine houses the black Shivalinga that is worshiped by devotees on a huge scale.
5) Maha Shivaratri is an eminent festival and is celebrated here with a great zest. The entire temple is decorated beautifully and special prayers are offered to Lord Shiva.
Best Time To Visit:-
Khandeshwar Mahadev is a well-known Hindu temple and is visited by the devotees on a daily basis. Throughout the year, it remains flooded by the devotees of Lord Shiva and the footfall increases on all Mondays and Maha Shivaratri.
Khandeshwar Mahadev temple is a temple that is well-connected via roadways and other railheads in the city. Such connectivity with a frequent service of the local transit allows the visitors to commute to & from the shrine conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ujjain Junction
Nearest Airport:- Ujjain Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In UjjainView All
Best Travel Packages in UjjainView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.