Chaubis Khamba Temple doesn’t need a formal introduction. It is a famous holy shrine for the Hindus & a major tourist attraction in the city of Ujjain in M.P. It is an architectural marvel that was built during the 9th-10th centuries. It was constructed during the times of the King Vikramaditya and enshrines the Goddesses Mahalaya and Mahamaya, the forms of Goddess Shakti. All pillars present in the temple premises are carved in a serpentine manner. This temple is frequented by visitors on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Chaubis Khamba Temple is a major Hindu shrine and is considered as a Siddha Peetha.
2) It was the place from where the main entrance gates leading to the shrine of Mahakal were opened ages ago.
3) In the previous times, when the procession of Mahakal was taken out, it used to halt at Chaubis Khamba Temple for prayers and then proceeded further.
4) The auspicious day of Shukla Paksha Ashtami is observed here on a huge scale by umpteen devotees.
5) Navratri is also celebrated here with a great enthusiasm.
6) Previously, the buffalo sacrifice was practiced here but was stopped and replaced by the offerings of the other food items.
Best Time To Visit:-
Chaubis Khamba Temple is a must-see site in the city of Ujjain. The Hindu pilgrims flock to this place extensively on a daily basis. To make the presence rewarding, one should visit this place during Navratri and Maha Shivaratri.
With a well-established network of the roadways and railways, it has become easier to commute within the city of Ujjain. The local buses, cabs, and autos have reduced the hassle of reaching Chaubis Khamba Temple.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ujjain Junction
Nearest Airport:- Ujjain Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In UjjainView All
Best Travel Packages in UjjainView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.