Harsiddhi Temple is a prominent Hindu shrine in Ujjain. It is a Shakti Peetha and holds a great religious importance among the followers of Hinduism. This shrine is built at the exact spot where the elbow of Devi Sati fell down while Lord Shiva was carrying her corpse. This shrine was constructed by King Vikramaditya by the name of Mangalchandiki in the ancient times. Being an ardent follower of the goddess, he sacrificed his head around eleven times to her and each time she brought him back to life. At present, Harsiddhi Temple is visited by devotees on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Harsiddhi Temple is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas in India. It is the place where the elbow of Devi Sati fell.
2) It is constructed in the Hindu style of architecture and never fails to attract the devotees.
3) The sanctum of the temple houses an alluring idol of Goddess Harsiddhi. In front of this place, a Shree Yantra is displayed in the assembly hall.
4) It is said that this Yantra contains the holy vibrations and numerous devotees gather to catch its glimpse.
5) The festival of Navaratri is celebrated here with a great pomp. The whole temple is decorated with the oil lamps that creates a divine scene.
Best Time To Visit:-
Harsiddhi Temple is visited on a daily basis by countless visitors. Throughout the day, the holy chants in the name of the goddess can be heard aloud. To make the visit rewarding, an individual should visit this place during Navaratri.
Harsiddhi Temple is well-connected via roadways and the best option for reaching the pilgrimage site is via local autos and taxis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ujjain Junction
Nearest Airport:- Ujjain Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In UjjainView All
Best Travel Packages in UjjainView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.