Maa Gadkalika Mandir is a famous Hindu temple in the city of Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. It is a shrine dedicated to Goddess Kalika. This temple is the divine place where the lips of Devi Sati fell and the place came to be known as Kalika Mandir. Due to its location near the village of Gad, this temple got the name of Gadkalika Mandir. Countless tourists visit this temple on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Maa Gadkalika Mandir is an ancient Hindu shrine of Goddess Kali that dates back to the period of the Mahabharata war.
2) Interestingly, the idol of Goddess Kalika is said to be even older than the temple as it is claimed to be older than the Mahabharata period.
3) Though it is not a Shakti Peetha and due to its location in the region of Harsiddhi, it holds an equal importance to that of a Shakti Peetha.
4) At the entrance of the shrine, a structure of a lion can be seen. It is also worshiped as the vehicle of the goddess.
5) The festival of Navaratri is celebrated here on a vast scale.
Best Time To Visit:-
Maa Gadkalika Mandir is visited on a huge scale by the followers of Goddess Kali. Apart from the commoners, one can also spot the sadhus offering their prayers to the goddess. It can be visited during any time of the year. The best time for marking the presence is during the festive season of Navaratri.
The village of Gaf is well-connected via major roads. To reach Gadkalika Temple, one can hire the service of the local buses, taxis, and autos.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ujjain Junction
Nearest Airport:- Ujjain Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In UjjainView All
Best Travel Packages in UjjainView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.