Named after William Lloyd, the owner of the Lloyd's Bank during British India, Lloyd's Botanical Garden is a remarkable tourist destination in Darjeeling. Established in the year 1878, this beautiful garden sprawls across 40 acres of land and houses a variety of flora. It attracts a large number of tourists and remains open throughout the year.
It Is Known For:-
1) Lloyd's Botanical Garden is known for its alluring green surroundings
2) It is a place where one can see a huge variety of flowers
3) Some exotic flowers that bloom in the Himalayan region can be spotted in this botanical garden
4) Lloyd's Garden is a haven for nature photographers. People can be seen capturing the photographs of the colorful flowers grown here
5) Not only the species of the Indian flora but, one can also find the species of the flowers that are grown in the other countries like Russia, China, Japan etc.
Best Time To Visit:-
Lloyd's Botanical Garden can be visited throughout the year. A variety of flowers blooms throughout the year that draws a large number of tourists. However, the monsoon isn't regarded as the right season for a paying a visit to this park.
Lloyd's Botanical Garden is opened to the public from 6 am to 5 pm throughout the week.
Lloyd's Botanical Garden is a famous travel attraction in Darjeeling. Being a well-known destination, it has a vast network of the roadways that connect it with the rest of the city. The local buses and taxis are available for commuting to & from Lloyd's Botanical Garden.
Nearest Railway Station- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Bagdogra Railway Station
Top Things To Do In DarjeelingView All
Best Travel Packages in DarjeelingView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.